Friday, October 17, 2014

KiteKite Falls


Ok...I know it has been awhile....Like 6 months, so pardon the blog overload that is going to come here over the next bit. This blog goes back to April :) My friend Steve and I decided to go on a hike to Kitekite and Kerikeri falls over on the west coast of the north island. These are all from the 11 mile hike we took around Kitekite Falls. There is no particular order. I am a total tourist when it comes to these things and I was stopping every 4 steps to take pictures haha. I am amazed that we got anywhere!.

This was a really big hollowed out tree!  I could have camped out inside of it!















 It had been raining the day before, so everything was a bit muddy, but I LOVE waterfalls!














This is the view from the TOP of the waterfall.

















Nature  can create funny things!















 Say cheese! This is my friend from work that was helping out here at Starkey NZ for about 6 weeks and then he went back to the UK. I'll tell you 1 thing for sure about this guy....he has mad skills. It was super muddy and slippery and some of the paths were quite steep and this guy could traverse them like a mountain goat WITHOUT spilling a drop of his can of Mt Dew. Mad skillz right there!





 The path was really narrow in some places and I may have tried to walk right off the path! I was just walking along chatting and stepped to close to the edge as shown by the mud all over my pants :)





















 This view looks at to Piha beach. The peak you can see in the middle of the picture is actually Lion Rock just off of Piha beach.












 This was cool..two trees growing out of another tree



No comments:

Post a Comment