Monday, February 10, 2014

Stake Celebration!

The Stake that I am in is celebrating the 20th Anniversary this week. Each ward in the stake is participating with a portion of the program. We learned the following songs: Can't understand those words???? Me either! I will be honest....I butcher the Maori language!  Let's just say that I will hum the melody line!! 






We are learning actions/dance that goes along with this song. It is actually pretty cool to listen to and watch. I can't get the video to load, but just take my word for it. It's awesome!



 The women in the ward are also learning a poi dance. The two ball things on rope below....these are poi. Poi are not my friend. I VERY apparently do not have the coordination abilities required to do the poi dance. It is a very good thing they are soft, otherwise I would likely have a black eye and multiple bruises right now. The back row is calling my name for this number!



This is what the poi dance is supposed to look like....mine didn't just in case you were wondering !!





No comments:

Post a Comment