Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sometimes you just need a taste of home.


So, on my last post I showed the songs we sang at our event last week. Well this was the outfit the women wore! It was a lot of fun to be apart of! Really cool to see the other wards perform as well! 
 

 The other day I finally made it to the American store called "Martha's Backyard." I wanted to see what I had available to me!!

I have discovered since moving to New Zealand that I am definitely "High Maintenance." I don't think I would have considered myself high maintenance according to American standards, but to New Zealand standards I AM HIGH MAINTENANCE! haha My first realization of this was when I realized that hardly anyone has clothes dryers in their homes or screens on their windows/doors (which is probably better for my personal safety as some of you know that screen doors and I are NOT best friends!)

Then I realized that nobody even knows what dryer sheets are......Luckily there are dryers at the Laundromats and for a small fee of $.50/per sheet you can buy dryer sheets. So don't be surprised when I tell you that I went to Martha's backyard and paid $5.50 for a box of 25 Bounce dryer sheets!

I also paid $2 for a single butterfinger, $4.50 for a bag of 15 miniature Reese's peanut butter cups and $8.50 for a bottle of Lawry's seasoning salt!!!

 I drew the line at paying $12 for a box of Cream of Wheat....or $8 for a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch or $8 for a Betty Crocker funfetti cake mix....or my favorite....$30 for a 12 pack of Kraft Mac & Cheese!!!!!

But sometimes the money is worth it for a little taste of home haha. Now if I could just find some Crystal Light Wild Strawberry drink packets and my life would be complete ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment