Saturday, January 25, 2014

What's better than a workout at the gym???

I decided to be a tourist yesterday and I took a drive to a lovely place called Piha Beach.


The drive itself was almost indescribably beautiful! The road is the curviest, skinniest 2 lane road that would make every Nascar drive giddy with excitement. It is very aptly named Scenic drive. The pictures didn't do the drive justice!






Once I got to the beach, this was the view from my car:

This is Lion's Rock.

 The beaches here are black sand because of high iron content. It is also very sparkly in the sun. It is so pretty. I have never seen anything quite like it before! This pic is for my sister Lindsay. She always has to have a picture of feet in the sand.

And this is what's better than a day at the gym....hiking up  Lion's rock...in my jandles (flip flops) in ridiculous wind. 









The view from the top was worth the hike!!







4 comments:

  1. So cool! I will have to google the history.. do you know how far back the history of New Zealand goes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for sharing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most I know is that Polynesians found and settled it like 700 years ago. The Auckland museum is on my list of places to visit. Maybe this weekend. I want to know more about the region and the culture and that seems like a good place to start :0)

    ReplyDelete